Whst'd home > Churches > St Helen's
Updated 15 September 2011
St Peter's Church, in Lower Gustard Wood, was opened in 1910 as an outlying daughter church in the parish of Wheathampstead, serving the growing communities of Gustard Wood and Blackmore End.
The cost of the building was provided generously by Mrs Laura Pearce, of Tunbridge Wells, in memory of her late husband, a former vicar of Ayot St Lawrence.
In the 100 years since, St Peter's has become a much loved landmark and place of Christian worship, and has enriched in the process the work of St Helen's, its parent church.
Book available on history